Do you feel like your scale is a friend one week and an enemy the next week??🤪
I feel ya girl! Did you know that there are so many factors that can affect the number on the scale?
Food from the previous day/week, your workouts, water intake and what your wearing can all affect that number.
Here are some tips for so that you don't get crazy about the scale.
1. Weigh yourself ONCE A WEEK (stop doing it daily, you're driving yourself nuts!) and do it on the same day. I suggest weighing yourself Sunday mornings...
2. Pick the same time of day when weighing yourself too. So if you're doing it on Sundays, then do it in the morning and try to keep that time consistent.
3. What you wear can effect the number on the scale too. That sports bra and shorts can affect the number by 1-2lbs. I suggest wearing the same outfit for every weigh in.....or the best would be to weigh yourself naked 😉
4. Your workouts throughout the week will affect the scale. If you're doing more strength than cardio, the number can go up. But too don't too concerned about it. (strength training is good!)
5. What you eat will also affect the number. If you're eating too much sodium, that can cause you to bloat, or if you're over doing it on the carbs that can cause the number to go up.
6. You may also be holding onto water weight....or ladies, if it's that time of the month, the number will go up.
All of these factor into the number on the scale.
Don't be so hard on yourself! ITS JUST A NUMBER!
If you're looking for the scale to be consistent with going down (or up) then be consistent with what you're doing throughout the week. Workout, eat clean, track your food, drink plenty of water and be consistent with your weigh ins.
Pick 1 day a week, pick time of day and honestly weigh yourself naked (it makes it easier).
Hope these tips help you 👊🏻