Hey Mamas!!! Want to make your breastfeeding experience a little easier?!?! (I know I did when I first started!) As a mom of 4 and breastfed my last 2 babies, I compiled a list of must haves that will make your breastfeeding journey easier! (*check out the Free printable at the bottom!)
(Some of these links are affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission at NO additional cost to you. I only recommend things that I love, so no worries there!)
Breastfeeding is a wonderful thing but if you are not able to do it, don't stress. As long as you are feeding baby with formula or breastmilk, you're doing a great job!! For you breastfeeding mamas, don't stress! Here are some things that will make your life a little easier and will also help out your milk supply. Everything that is on this list will have a direct link to it too, so bookmark the links!
- nursing bras (daytime and night time...yes, you'll need something for at night, you'll need the support!)
- tanks...convenient to nurse in and really nice to have under your shirt. In my opinion, you'll feel comfortable having a tank underneath your shirt for feeding time. (I don't like having my stomach or back exposed as I have my shirt lifting for feeding time)
- shirts/hoodies etc...this will make feeding time so easy, especially if you're out in public or just out & about! (I have the grey & teal hoodie pictured below, and I LOVE IT!!)
- Mothers Milk Tea the tea can help boost your milk supply. It tastes like black licorice..it's not too bad (I add honey to sweeten the flavor!)
- Milkflow packets this was a recent find for me and I freaking love the chocolate flavor! I add it to almond milk and it tastes like chocolate milk. You can also make a smoothie out of it too! (there are other flavors too)
- Prenatal Vitamins you should still be taking your prenatal vitamins while breastfeeding. Although this will not help boost your supply, but it will give you and your baby the vitamins you need!
- Lactation Cookies Milkmakers brand is my favorite! Basically all the ingredients are in the bag, all you need to do is add eggs, water and butter! So easy and they taste really good!
- Breast Pump I highly recommend going through Aeroflow Health Care to receive your pump for Free or discounted. What they do is, they will contact your insurance company and help you find a pump that is covered through your insurance or at a discounted rate! It's so easy and they do all the work for you! You can also check out this video I did about unboxing my Medela Breast Pump that I received for Free through my insurance: Unboxing Breast Pump
- Nursing Cover When I'm out in public, I like to cover up. I feel more comfortable, but if you prefer to not cover up, well then more power to you!! Some covers can also be used to cover the car seat, pretty cool!!
- Nipple Shield these shields are really helpful if your little one is having trouble latching, or if your nipples are inverted or if your baby was like my little one and sucked way too hard...these shields are a life saver!! There are a lot of different brands, I like the Lansinoh brand..worked great!
- Nipple Cream Nipple cream helps soothe sore or cracked nipples. I personally use the Lansinoh brand. All you need is a pea size amount and you're good to go. It's safe for baby while feeding too...no need to wash off.
- Boppy or Nursing Pillow you don't have to have a special pillow but the Boppy pillows can also be used to help baby with tummy time or sitting up. It makes nursing a little more comfortable for you and baby!
- Breast Pads trust me when I say this, you'll need these!! You WILL leak lol! So just to put your mind at ease, wear the pads! They are comfortable and you won't even know they are there. I use all kinds of brands (Target, Medela, Lansinoh..etc) They are all comfortable and I just buy ones that are on sale.
So there you have it mama! These breastfeeding things will make your journey a little easier for you and your baby! I hope this helps you out, don't forget to bookmark all the links and print out the printable list below!