Garlic Green Beans
- 1lb green beans
- 1/2 tbsp EVOO
- 1/2 tbsp butter (organic if you have it)
- 3-4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
Boil green beans for around 10 minutes and drain well. In a saute pan melt the butter over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for a couple minutes, stirring so that you don’t burn the garlic. Add the beans and parsley and mix all together. Add salt & pepper to taste. Enjoy this healthier side for the holidays!!
- medium-sized head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 3 roasted garlic cloves
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp fresh chives, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
Fill a large saucepan with about an inch of water and insert a steamer basket. Bring that water to a boil and add the cauliflower florets. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cover, allowing the cauliflower to steam for 6-8 minutes or until fork tender. Drain the steamed cauliflower and transfer to a large food processor. Add in the seasonings and process to your desired texture. If additional liquid is needed for blending, feel free to add a splash of almond milk or water and adjust the seasonings to your taste. Top is chives and enjoy this healthier side for the holidays!!
Pomegranate Kale Salad
- 2Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 3 cups trimmed & thinly sliced Kale (‘ribs’ removed)
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (or goat cheese)
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
Dressing–>combine all of the vinaigrette ingredients in a jar, seal and shake…set aside.
Salad–> in a large bowl toss together the kale and cheese. Toss in the dressing and sprinkle with pomegranate seeds before serving. Enjoy!!
Caramel Apple Cocktail
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 fl. oz apple brandy (or 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice)
- dash of pure vanilla extract
- ground cinnamon
- 1 thin slice apple (garnish)
- 2 1/2 tsp caramel sauce
Directions: Fill cocktail shaker 1/2 full of ice. Add almond milk, brandy (or apple juice), caramel sauce and extract. Shake! Stain into prepared martini glass. Garnish with sprinkle of cinnamon and apple. Enjoy!
Skinny Chocolate Tini
- 1 part Skinnygirl Bare Naked Vodka
- 1 part mocha liquer
- 1 part espresso
- 1 tsp chocolate sauce (syrup)
Directions: In a shaker filled with ice, combine first three ingredients & shake. Meanwhile rim your glass with chocolate sauce. Strain cocktail into glass & enjoy!!